Thursday, January 27, 2011

How is your Quality of Life?

Hope 2011 is going great!

I just came back from a 'mini vacation' to Northern California ( also known as 'the Bay'). I live in Southern California so its about a 50 minute plane ride. My friends live out there so thats my excuse to go up there from time to time.

As soon as I got off the plane I went to one of my best friends basketball practice. Well actually I was stranded at Starbucks for 2 and half  hours but who's counting and  thats a story for another time.

 My friend is the Head Womens basketball coach at a local college in the area. I was talked into playing with them at practice. ( Actually I asked and they graciously said ok) they probably wished they didnt because I ran circles around those yourng girls. I had more energy than a 3 year old with cotton candy LOL! The secret is that I love and respect the game of basketball so much that I cant help but show my passion...we had a good time!!

Anywho after a sweaty practice. We went to my friends house and had a fish fry. For those wondering what that is ...we went to her house and fried fish LOL! Yep what can I say I was on vacation and I just probably burned 1,000 calories at basketball practice and I had a salad...so dont judge me okay..

The next day was Game Day. My friends team had a big game. Needless to say they didnt do very well and lost. But it was fun to see my friend coaching her team anyway.  Afterward we went to get some food to eat and then went to karoke. No I dont make it a habit to go to karoke...and if you do more power to ya!
 I cant sing but I can dance, so we did that.

Side note: I was stretching before I was about to dance( dont judge) and some other girl decided to follow suit and ripped her jeans!!! It was hilarious wish I had a picture of that. But this one should do!  



The next day we went to the hills of Berkeley its called something but cant remember ( I'm a nature lover- I cant help it) We took pictures at the lake, overlooking the hillside and climbed a huge rock and watched the sunset. It was beautiful!! Yes  all photos were taken by me- maybe ill take up photography;)








 

Then we met up with an old college teamate for dinner and laughs. Its always a blast shout out to P.K., T.T, and Mi Mi we all have nicknames mine is C.C ( I never had a nickname growing up and now I do!) Oh and missing is Sabrina- Brittany! LOL





I capped the weekend off at Brunch in San Francisco. This was a restaurant with a D.J. good food and people dancing in the aisles. I guess thats why it was an hour an half wait? After our bellies were full we walked it off  for a few hours, we watched the playoffs and I hopped on a flight back to Southern Cali.


So why am I sharing my excursions with you? Just thought I would and  I was thinking how blessed I am to have my health and ability to do all the things I like.  I work hard and I always balance it out with a little R&R.

When is the last time you got away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life? And more importantly is your body in the shape you want it to be in, so you can play with your kids,  climb a rock, dance all night, walk up a flight of stairs or walk for 2 straight hours? Some people can't walk, have limited use of there limbs or are too sick to move. So if you do have all your facilities you need to be sure to take care of them.

See your health is more than just the outside and looking good..its about being healthy feeding your body the right foods and being  able to do daily tasks, and more ,with ease and enjoyment!
Thats what  we are all about at Lean Body Fit  Camp!

You cant' do anything about the length of your life,
but you can do something about its width and depth
-Shira Tehrani

Would love to hear what you do for R&R!! And how you can improve your quality of life<


Finish strong!!

Chelsea C. http://www.lbfitcamp.com/

3 comments:

  1. NICE! I Loved it! MISS YA C-UNIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome time! Let's do it again next week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey great recap of your wknd getaway. I love the bay area.awesome pix.





    Dport6

    ReplyDelete