Thursday, March 17, 2011

You get for what you pay for...

Hey hope all is well!

Im writing this as Im getting ready to head out to Fitness Business Summit '11 in Costa Mesa,CA! Im soo amped its  3 days of Fitness, fitness and more fitness. I cant wait everyone is always awesome and I get to come back and impart all my knowledge to you. See how Im looking out for you..anyway I wanted to write this quick blog about a valuable lesson  I learned this week, and I would like to hear what you think.      

Okay anyone that knows me knows well I'm... fruggle-not cheap but" fruggle". I dont mind spending money, Im just not a fan of throwing it away. Anyhow I say that to say this...most of my friends and family know I  practically live at staples( and I love a staples gift card  as gifts more than just about anything...hint hint LOL) I go there for alot of my business needs, journals, supplies, boards pens, notebooks you name it its there.


Me and the Richani shes going to kill me:)

So I am there at least 3-4x a week picking up something..maybe I should get stock in Staples..hmm. Im there so much that I know all the workers and managers names and they know mine. We joke and have a good time..its always buzzing and the atmosphere is pleasant. Ive been hounding them to get to my fit camp, all in due time...(actually one of the managers stopped me the other day and wanted some info... that reminds me I need to email her).. anywho I digress from my point.




Onward...there  is also an Office Depot about the same distance from my house and there prices tend to be a little cheaper than Staples. So the frugglness in me ( I know thats not a word) sometimes goes to Office Depot.

The other day I go there even though I intended to go to staples but it was out of convenience that I went. I go inside and it dead as a door knob. Which could be to my advantage I can get in and out. so I picked up a few things and headed to the Copy Center ( my favorite place in Staples) sometimes at Staples Ill go behind the counter and help out when they are busy at the copy center, really I do, I probably shouldnt say thatm  but its fun.

So I go over and talk to the guy and he is very helpful and he is hooking up my certificates for me. Well in mid shift they change and this woman who evidently hates her job or life or both is now helping me. She never really said anything rude but made me feel like I was burdening her because I was making her do her job. Any how Ill spare you the  details but she messed up on a few things, was short with me  and just had a funky attitude.

 I couldnt wait to leave that place...and her funkiness was trying to cling to me on the way out. So it took me about 15minutes to shake off whatever mess she had going on. and I began to think I would pay 30x more to get good service and have a good time then to save 5 bucks and be miserable.

So the moral of the story is that if you are fruggle like me...pay a few more dollars and get top rate service. LOL!!
But really  1) be aware of your attitude and those around you, they are contagious..life is short we need to love more be mad less

 2) It had me examing and thinking about my Fit Camp and how I try my best to make sure everyone knows they are  appreciated, taken care of.  and get the results they desire(obviously some work has to be done on there part). You  do   get what you pay for... and  lets just say LB Fit Camp is the Staples of Fitness...LOL!

Thanks to all the staff at staples


Would love to hear what you think. Do you agree or not?
Make it a great one!!


Chelsea C.
Finish Strong!
http://www.lbfitcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment